CHCR is part of Buckinghamshire New University – specifically the School of Health and Social Science in the Faulty of Society & Health (S&H).
In the 2015 rankings, NHS London rated the University’s education in health sector provision:
- #1 in child nursing
- #2 in adult nursing
- #3 in mental health nursing.
One of NHS London’s preferred suppliers, these rankings place the University in the ‘top three’ for all categories in which it offers nursing provision.
The Faculty made further rapid progress in the 2015-16 academic year. Highlights include:
- Winner – Teaching Excellence category at The Guardian’s University Awards for innovative simulation to enhance nursing and health students’ learning
- Winner – Partnership of the Year (with Independent Voices) at Student Nursing Times Awards for an initiative to support recruitment and training of student nurses and social workers
- Launch – new multi-million pound Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre
- Launch – in partnership with Buckinghamshire County Council of the Social Work Academy.
Read more about ‘what happened in Health’ in 2015-16 with Faculty Dean and CHCR Advisory Board member, Sue West here.
More about the University…
- Learning resource and technology centre
- Events hall
- Gym and sports science laboratory
- Dance, drama, music and video production studios,
- Library and meeting rooms.