(until further notice)
CHCR Enterprises Limited (‘CHCR’, on behalf of the Centre for Health Communications Research) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. CHCR has published this Policy to help you understand how and why CHCR collects information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are.
Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website.
You can access our Website home page (www.chcr.org.uk) and browse our site at any time without disclosing your personal data. However, when you register with CHCR via its Moodle-based e-Learning portal (‘Moodle’, elearning.chcr.org.uk) you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
What information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive information in one of two ways:
- Either directly from you when you register with us via Moodle
- Or on Moodle from a third party such as but not limited to Buckinghamshire New University and NHS Improvement.
- Register interest with us you will be asked to provide certain information such as your full name, address, date of birth, contact telephone numbers, email address and business contact information;
- Are accepted as a student on one of our courses (e.g. but not limited to the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Communications [PgCert-HC]), we will collect further personal data from you such as an emergency contact and non-business addresses and contacts.
How do we use your information?
In the case of all those registering, we use the information that we collect about you to:
- Process your interest in our courses and business services e.g. to notify your application status, your study requirements, manage your assignment submissions and issue reminder notices.
- Invite you to apply for future courses or invite you to recommend colleagues and associates to apply to our products.
- Manage your account (i.e. ‘housekeeping’ in terms of data on Moodle).
- Administer communication with you via Moodle and/or email, telephone and SMS.
- Monitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of both our website and Moodle.
- Notify you about enhancements to our services such as changes to the website, new services and special notices that may be of interest. We may contact you by via Moodle, mail, telephone or email with offers from CHCR.
- Invite you to participate in academic research conducted by and/or supervised by CHCR.
Additionally, in the case of those applying for the PgCert-HC following your signature and consent we will share your application form with:
- NHS Improvement (NHSI) as the PgCert-HC’s principal course sponsor (and/or with other NHS arms-length bodies [ALBs] such as NHS England if so requested by NHSI). This clause, however, will not apply in the case of candidates applying from outside the NHS.
Additionally, and finally, in the case of those accepted (‘students’) onto the PgCert-HC, we will share:
- Subsequent assessment data with BNU as required to process all aspects of your course assessment through to final award and graduation.
- Such data as may be strictly required to manage and deliver a CHCR course with either the ‘CHCR Team’ and/or the ‘CHCR Advisory Board’ details of which are published on the CHCR website and updated from time to time.
- As a necessary part of the PgCert-HC course process, inform guest lecturers and guest speakers during tutorial/residential weeks about the composition of the relevant cohort. Information passed by CHCR in this context will be limited to your name, title, organisation and business email address.
How we won’t use your information?
- We will not share any registrant and/or applicant data (including all data stored on our Moodle database as at 07 May 2018) with third-parties other than (and for the reasons given) those expressly referenced above save only with the individual’s prior consent in writing.
To our suppliers, colleagues, associates and clients:
- We will not share your information with any third party (including for the avoidance of doubt other suppliers, colleagues, associates and clients) voluntarily without your consent.
- We will share your information with our students and other colleagues insofar as it may be strictly required so to do, to enable the delivery of our courses.
What about your rights?
Please note in the first instance:
- Your data held by us will be kept safe and protected.
- You have the right, however, to request at any time that we remove you from our database. Subsequently we will confirm by email that your request has been fulfilled
You are entitled to request the following from CHCR, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website
How do I request removal?
Please click here to request your data/information is removed.