In a phrase: watch this space. We are exploring various short-course options in healthcare communications. These may include:
- A mini ‘highlights’ version of the PgCert
- Spin-offs from key areas of the PgCert
- New content meeting specific needs – for example for interpersonal communications development among clinical and other non-communication specialist audiences.
Two important notes:
- Short courses of this type are usually designed to help participants meet targets for CPD (continuing professional development). They are not, however, fully accredited University education. So they do not carry university credits to earn dispensation against other formal postgraduate qualifications.
- If we do proceed, any new health communications short courses will be designed initially to complement the work of NHS Improvement’s communications development team.