To make an application for an upcoming NHS PgCert-HC cohort – or simply to register your interest in CHCR health communications courses – please follow the guidance below and click through to CHCR’s Moodle-based e-Learning platform. This hosts all CHCR courses in communications for health and social care.
- Applications for 2019 cohorts (6 & 7) are now open
- For schedule and teaching dates, click on the relevant course below.
- For queries about: (i) course availability or (ii) the process of registration/application, please contact CHCR’s, Liz Clark.
- Click here for a Cohorts 06-09 (2019-20) flyer.
Who Should Apply?
The course is profiled for:
- Senior UK NHS professional communicators (defined as NHS grades 7-above)
- In permanent NHS employment.
- Typically a relevant degree (2:1 or better) and
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an NHS Trust’s (or similar body’s) communications function. (‘Relevant’ means e.g. a communications, marketing, psychology, social psychology or general business degree).
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The principles of equality, diversity and inclusion sit at the heart of everything we do. The NHS Communications Development Programme is committed to developing leaders that are representative of our workforce and the communities we serve.
‘We know that diversity and inclusion lead to improved health and greater staff and patient experiences of the NHS; and we welcome the challenge of enabling staff from all backgrounds to develop and excel in their roles’ (NHS Leadership Academy)
We encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communications professionals.
We encourage applications from communications professionals with disabilities.
005 NHS PGCERT-HC (GRADUATES JAN 2019)
- Status: in progress
- Recruitment: UK NHS communications staff only
- Teaching schedule: Graduates January 2019
006 NHS PGCERT-HC (2019)
- Applies: UK NHS permanent professional communications staff (7 and above) only
- Status: Opens for applications, 27 November 2018; closes 8 January 2019
- Schedule (all 2019): First week 04-08 March; second, 13-17 May; third, 09-13 September; last 04-08 November.
- Graduation: Expected provisionally March 2020.
007 NHS PGCERT-HC (2019)
- Applies: UK NHS permanent professional communication staff (7 and above) only
- Status: Opens for applications 27 November 2018; closes 04 February 2019
- Schedule (all 2019): First teaching week, 29 April - 03 May 2019; second, 08-12 July 2019; third, 23-27 September; last week 02-06 December 2019
- Graduation: Anticipated March 2020.