In a phrase: watch this space. We are exploring various short-course options in healthcare communications. These may include:
- A mini ‘highlights’ version of the PgCert
- Spin-offs from key areas of the PgCert
- New content meeting specific needs – for example for interpersonal communications development among clinical and other non-communication specialist audiences.
Two important notes:
- Short courses of this type are usually designed to help participants meet various targets for their existing CPD (continuing professional development). They are not, however, fully accredited University education. So they do not carry university credits to earn dispensation against other formal postgraduate qualifications.
- If we do proceed with any new health communications short courses, they will be designed to complement existing offerings from the Association for Healthcare Communications and Marketing (AHCM).